Friday, October 12, 2012

The "new" nursery glider

I have to say that if I were to have another baby i would NOT do the typical glider chair for the nursery! I just never found mine all that comfortable and the fabric! Well I guess you can say that I am a bit of a snob when it comes to this, but hey, slipcovering chairs is what I do. So I am allowed! I would rock that baby in style with a old school swivel rocker! Thats kind of my jam! So i love it when my clients bring me something other than a glider to recover for their nursery. This client had a super comfy chair that she used for her little boy. It had a slipcover on it, but lets be honest...When you are having a girl you CANNOT use the same stuff! Plus its an excuse to do a complete overhaul on the nursery. I know I did.. (sorry honey). My client had a vision of what she wanted and i think her vision came out perfect! Here is the before:
original state

with the "boy" slipcover

it was a blue and brown ticking stripe with a thick brown welt for the trim. now check it out! Perfectly suitable for a little princess!
After

I love it!! She used a very light and soft pink linen for the body and then a shimmery gold cotton blend for the piping. She was a little nervous about the combo but it worked beautifully! It is such a transformation from the blue and brown ticking stripe. I ripped of the box skirt to give it more of a modern feel. I love how soft the color pallet is and how great that heavy irish linen was to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment