Tuesday, October 16, 2012

settee: part deux

So remember this, well these next 2 pieces complete her load! i just love this client. She is so sweet and and has super fun daughters! They all came down to pick the linen slipcovered settee. What a fun bunch of gals. She has a daughter that lives in CA that is gonna schlep a chair out here during her holiday visit so I can slipcover it for her. I can't wait to see it! Anyways, here is project #1. Another settee with awesome bones, cute caster feet but horrible upholstery! I am talking needle point bad!


She brought a fun blue floral print that had some brown accents. I made a double welt piping for the trim and ta-da!

So dainty! I love how the brown accents in the fabric enhance the wood on the settee. The next project was a pair of chairs. She had them painted a milky grey/blue to go along with the awesome pink hounds tooth fabric. I love the detail on the chairs. such good find! Not so much before...here they are on their last leg, although I have to wonder if the old fabric inspired the paint color for the chairs...
Now look at these little gems!

They are darling! I did double welt piping again on the chairs. I had to add a pleat on both sides of the chairs because we were tight on fabric and could not get the coverage i needed. I love the combo of colors! So great! I have a chair and few loose ends for me to finish up this week. I finally got my curtains made for my room. Its amazing what curtains do to a room! I'll post pics when i finish the kids head board...

No comments:

Post a Comment