Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Two-Tone Lounge

So I got a call last week from a cute gal up on Park City. She had 2 chaise lounge couches that she wanted slipcovers for and already had fabric! She had a definite idea of what she wanted. She had bought 20 yards of fabric about a year ago and was ready to get started. She wanted double needle stitching over the seams instead of doing the traditional piping. The only problem we ran into was she did not purchase enough fabric. She ended up find almost the same fabric but in cream. So we did the cushions, pillows and the the underside of the pleat in the skirt so it would show thru and tie everything together. I am not gonna lie, this was a lot of work!! I had to serge every piece of fabric I cut and then topstitch over all the seams, but it was worth it!! I really loved how it turned out! The couches are more on the modern side but the slipcovers soften up the lines and give it more of a comfy, summery feel to it. I really like the way the cream stitching pops against the darker fabric.

We only dressed the one couch for a picture, she is in the middle of packing up her place and heading back to Florida.....and yes, I should be slapped for the poor quality of pictures.... my bad!!!

Before:


After:






They look a little messy due to folding them for the car ride up, but they turned out great! The other couch sit across from it and mirrors it's shape.

on another note, I snuck away to Vegas with the ladies on the Machin side of the family. We had soo much fun and did i mention we went and saw Celine!!! She was awesome! It was a nice little mid week break just in time for this week's whirlwind. My brother is getting married on Saturday so we are in overdrive drive trying to get stuff finished up. I have to sew a bunch of cushions for the chairs, make curtains for a photo booth and the list goes on and on and its only tuesday! But i did get in some fun time with my 2 little nerds..







No comments:

Post a Comment