Thursday, May 16, 2013

sleepin in style

So I have refused to turn our AC on just yet...all the windows are open to welcome a nice breeze thru the house. No worries, it only reached 85 degrees inside the past couple afternoons... I can hold strong, I know it!! You see, I am an AC snob... I usually keep the house at a comfy 71 in the summer. So delightful! But I figure, if I hold off and get used to having 80's in the house, I'll appreciate a 75-76 degree AC house...right?? Pray for me! and my family.... I fitted my clients LARGE sofa sleeper in my garage, that is west facing.. 2 days ago and I was sweating!! I mean, dripping down my face, change your shirt a few times and then shower sweating!! I survived and boy was it worth it!!

My client wanted a "shabby chic" look for her couch. She bought her white heavy twill fabric form Home Fabrics in orem and a smashing $6.50 a yard! She also wanted to combine the 2 seat and 2 back cushions into 1 long seat and 1 long back cushion so give it that casual look. I sewed them together and then wrapped those suckers in batting to even out the cushion and give it more loft. We did a ruffled skirt to chic it up. She also had me make 2 ruffle pillows to go with the couch out of the same fabric. The results are quite amazing!!! Here is the before...

/>

nothing too exciting! It was definitely used!! But check it out now!!!


umm...pretty great! right??? My sister in law was here when I put it all together and she said this was one of favorites that i have done!! i think she is now looking for a couch to do this to. lol! Its amazing what a difference 1 long single cushion can do to the look of a couch. I am really thinking about doing this to our "not so comfy" couch... I love it!!!

On a side note..I am starting to get really busy! So if you are wanting stuff done contact me to get on my list. Right now i have 1 spot open in June and will be starting to book for July. I have a rock star client that dropped off 2 chairs and ottomans to be slipcovered and i am dying over her fabric!! Here is a little sneak peek...


What you cant see is that this stuff is in my kids old bedroom along with 4 chairs, 2 ottomans and chaise lounge, along with fabric and random cushions... Its a kids dream to have a room full of random furniture to make forts out of... Hey. at least it keeps them busy...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment