Friday, January 25, 2013

Teach me how to settee

I may have a small love affair with settees... and The Dougie! Or it may be that I am just jamming out to "Teach me how to Dougie" right now as I write this post. Either way... how could you not? Back to settees..They are not as small as a chair, but not quite as big as a love seat. They come in all sorts of fun styles and they dont take much fabric to slipcover... Hence my love for them. A client of mine that I did some work for last year scored this little number at Down East.

It has super clean lines. She did not want a skirt, which was wonderful because she found her fabric on clearance and bought all of it...She had 6 yards. 1 yard short of what we needed. So I dug thru 2 different Joanns' to find a measly 1 yard to match. We needed it for the piping and with the modern line on the settee I could not do with out the piping. They were too cool to ignore! I could not find the exact fabric. Well actually I found the exact fabric in all the WRONG shades! But I did come out a victor. I found a cool herringbone fabric that matched perfect. What do you think?!



The piping gives it just enough contrast to be interesting but not enough to be annoying. The fabric she chose is gonna be super durable, yet it was super light weight and soo soft. Its a good place to take a rest after bustin out the Dougie!! and dont you think I won't! You cant see, but I am doing it now. If the Dougie does not make your body instantly move, something is wrong with you....

One last thought...If you are looking for fabric right now, Joann's home decor fabric is 60% off!!! So Dougie on over and save your self a ton of of $$$. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment