Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Its a 2fer....

So here it is... the sectional! I got it done in just a week! My client needed it done before this weekend. Her daughter is getting baptized and they are having family in town, meaning the...duh duh duh...mother-in-law. She should have no complaints over this couch anymore! The original couch had a slipcover already on it, but when she washed it, it shrunk. She was ready for a change anyways. When I came to pick up her fabric she had a 3 different ones to pick from, but not enough of some to do the whole thing. She had plenty of denim, so I did the couch bodes, and 1 side of each cushion and the bands in denim, then squeeked out enough blue and yellow twall for the other side of each cushion. She had just enough navy duck cloth to do the all the piping and then we used the remaining stripe to pop with the pillows. It turned out great! She was soo happy with the way it looked, plus you get 2 looks for the price of 1. All you have to do is flip the cushions!
before:

She decided to do away with the skirt this time around, they tend to be a "catch all" for things. She has 2 kids and 2 dogs, one that is teeny tiny and then scooby blue, a great dane puppy! My kids thought it was a horse!
after:
Look 1

Look 2

She wanted to start off with the all denim look, to keep the dogs from getting it messy before the big weekend. The best part is that she pre washed everything so she won't have to worry about any shrinking!





I love that all the pillow and cushions have 2 different side. I had to get creative with the bits of fabric I had. Her cushions and pillows are just so soft and squishy, all I wanted to to do was curl up and take a nap on it once it was done!

I just finished up a bunch of curtain panels for a returning client and am taking the next few day off before i have another rush...happy tuesdee!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness!!! I am sending you the measurements and pics tonight I love your work
    Sussanna

    ReplyDelete