Thursday, February 23, 2012

Modern Farmhouse: Part 2

Today I got to take the 2nd load of furniture to my client who is building a "modern farmhouse". I was soo excited to see her reaction to all of her projects! I have to laugh because they get to finally move in next weekend, but in the mean time, her small town home she is renting is packed full of all the furniture we did! My super awesome friend and neighbor, who just happens to be an amazing photographer are gonna take a field trip after they get all settled to take some legit photos! Anyways, down to the nitty gritty....

Uno:
She had this great couch with a slight curve to it. This is the picture she texted me... I laugh every time I see it..Her little boy cracks me up!! anyways, the couch was in good shape, it just needed a little TLC.
before:

she picked an awesome fabric! Super durable and it fit right in the scheme of the rest of her furniture. The fabric has a black and white weave in it that makes it great for every day wear. The white breaks up the black just enough..
after:

again....dont judge my pic skills, there was so much furniture it was hard to get a clear shot, so you will have to wait till its in the new house!

dos:
the window seat cushions. she had 3 made, one for the mud room, one for the master and one for the library! If you have ever shopped for foam, you know that it costs an arm, a leg and your first born, just for 1 yard!! You think I am joking...try getting 3" foam for a cushion 83" long. Thats almost 2.5 yards worth of foam! Anywho...my client is amazing and found what i think is better foam for a fraction of the price at Smiths Market Place! Thats right, the camping mats are money and they do the job! Plus you can afford to cover them with fabric...lol! We just did a neutral color and used drop cloths. I wrapped the foam in batting to give it more loft. I love how they turned out! She said she was taking them over to her house today to check them out.

Its a cushion sandwich!!!

Tres:
These turned out to be one of my favorites! So back when my client dropped load 1 off at my house, she saw my swivel rocker in Laker's room and just about died! She loved it so much she went out the next day and bought her 2 of these bad boys off of ksl!


They are rad! yes, they are dated, but they have some pretty awesome lines. She originally wanted them slipcovers in drop cloth, but after talking with her and remembering I had some grey scrap fabric from this little ditty we decided to make them more exciting and add some swagger with grey piping. Um....Pretty much amazing!!! I love they way they look and how the piping shows off the lines of the chair with the cute box pleat skirt.
after:





I kind of secretly am in love with swivel rockers.... which brings me to my next topic. I just got accepted into the Piper and Chole Boutique in April. I know I said I want to steer clear of being a vendor at these things, but the exposure is awesome! So with that said, at the last boutique I had a wing back chair for sale, but I am thinking this time of doing a little retro swivel rocker... I'd love to get your feed back on what type of chair and fabric you'd like to see it covered in! Who know, you may just get your wish!

Quatro:
Cute Melissa texted me about covering some cushions for her 2 days ago. I told her I could probably squeeze her in if she had fabric. Sure enough shea was at my door the next day with fabric and cushions in hand! When I saw her fabric I was instantly jealous. She scored an AMAZING oatmeal linen and Home Fabrics! Um, not heard of. If they get that in, its gone in a few hours. She laughed because she had called waiting for that fabric to arrive. Good Girl!! Anyways, the cushions belong to a chair and ottoman that she was reupholstering and needed the cushions put together. I was more than happy to help. I knocked them out today just in time for us to take off on much needed vacation!
before:

after:




I boxed up the back cushion to help with the sagging, plus I just think it looks better.. They turned out great! I can't wait to see them on the chair when she finishes it!

So there you have it, the last 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment